Your privacy is important to us, and this Statement shows our commitment to maintaining your personal information in a secure way. Our Statement explains the kinds of personal information we may collect about you, how we use it, whether we disclose it to anybody else, how long we keep it, and how you can take control of your personal information.
How to Read this Statement
This Privacy Statement should be read and understood in conjunction with the product-specific privacy policies for the system you use:
How We Collect Information
1. Cookies and other device identification measures
Our cookies may also collect the behavioural data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Other information will be automatically collected whenever you visit our website. This includes:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Your operating system and type of browser (i.e. the User Agent).
- The address of a referring web site.
- Your activity on our Sites.
If you access the Sites from a mobile device, we may also collect information about:
- The type of mobile used, your mobile operating system and type of browser (i.e. the User Agent).
- Your device’s unique ID.
- The presence and use of apps on your device.
- Your preferred language.
- We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the personal information mentioned below. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- Register to use our websites, applications or services (including free trials); this may include your name (including business name), address, occupation, email address, website address, and telephone and/or fax numbers. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your business and industry.
- Request the assistance of the helpdesk for troubleshooting issues. Data collected for this purpose may include device usage and error data.
- Log into secure areas of our website such as the customer portal. To enable this functionality, cookies will be stored on your computer.
- Complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, enter any contests, download information such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service.
- Interact with us using social media.
- Provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications or services we make available or when you update those details.
- Attend any seminars, demonstrations, or other such events organised by AFON IT.
- Contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
All such collection will be done to the extent permitted by the relevant legislation.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to provide you with a better customer experience:
- Provide our products and services, which includes maintaining our websites, fulfilling orders (such as generating invoices) updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing other forms of communication such as support, troubleshooting, and training. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Analyse, improve and develop our products and services.
- Personalise our products and services for you.
- Advertise and market our products and services to you, which includes sending promotional communications, updates on our products and services, and presenting you with relevant offers.
We respect the privacy of our customers. If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications, please click the opt-out link in the email where available, or simply reply to the email with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
Your personal information may be disclosed where we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies upon valid request.
We have also implemented safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft, destruction or damage.
Your personal information will not be:
- Disclosed, shared, transferred, sold, or rented to any third party.
- Accessed by any full-time employee of AFON IT Pte. Ltd. who does not require your information to fulfil their work duties.
- Your information will not be accessible to contractors, consultants, and any other temporary employee of AFON IT Pte. Ltd.
- Maintained in duplicate copies in different systems.
- Displayed or made publicly available, whether through online directories, customer lists, or otherwise.
- Used for a new purpose not already set out in this Policy, without prior consent.
We may occasionally hire other companies (vendors) to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mail, or hosting our website and associated services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to AFON IT in accordance with AFON IT’s instructions and policies.
Most of the personal information which we collect is necessary for us to perform the services outlined herein throughout this Notice and we cannot do this without that personal information. To request access to, an update to, or the deletion of your personal information, please see Section 5 below.
4. How long do we keep your personal information?
AFON IT retains and processes personal information as long as necessary for the following legitimate purposes:
- Provide the products and services, and to fulfil the transactions you have requested.
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
We have developed guidelines and implemented procedures to govern the destruction of personal data that are no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes.
You may choose to control the way we use your personal information, or to request the deletion of it. Please see the following section for details.
5. What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we put your personal information?
You have the right to access and control your personal data obtained, by simply contacting us. For instance:
- If AFON IT obtained your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You can request access to, deletion of, and updates to your personal information. For example, if you wish to update your email address, you may log on to the customer portal with your username and password to do so. Please note that if your personal data is deleted, you will not be able to continue to use any AFON IT product or service that requires AFON IT’s use of your Personal Data.
- If you do not wish to be tracked by our analytics cookies, you can clear them from your browser.
- If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
Please send us an email at email@example.com for any other matters concerning your personal information. Requests will be subject to verification to ensure that they are made on the authority of the rightful person identified in the data.
6. Our accountability
We will be responsible for all personal data collected, which will be used and processed fairly and lawfully while in our possession or custody. AFON IT Pte. Ltd. assures our customers that we will comply fully with this Policy, the Personal Data Protection Act, and any other legislation governing the use of personal data.
7. Challenging compliance
AFON IT Pte. Ltd. has mechanisms and processes in place to receive and address complaints or inquiries about our policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal data. Appropriate measures will be taken to amend policies and procedures if a complaint is found to be justified.
9. External links
Last updated: 12 April 2023