Sage Accpac ERP 6.0 is the latest improvement to version 5.6. This marks Sage Accpac ERP's foray in becoming a true web-based application.
Sage Accpac ERP 6.0 boasts a sleek new web-based portal interface, so you may easily access Sage Accpac ERP through your standard browser window anytime and anywhere. It also comes with the ability to lock and unlock fiscal years and periods separately for each Sage ERP Accpac program your company uses.
Watch a short video demo of Sage Accpac ERP 6.0 to know more
Key benefits of the new and improved Sage Accpac ERP 6.0 include:
- Improve Productivity. Personalize Sage ERP Accpac to gain faster access to the forms and reports you use frequently.
- Envision More. New "snapshots" provide visibility into key business metrics, keeping critical information at your fingertips for better business management and planning.
- Accelerate Growth. Version 6.0 of Sage ERP Accpac features new technologies, such as SData, that will help you grow your business through efficient and secure data interchange with other Sage products and integrated solutions.
Stephen Smith, a software architect from Sage, posted an FAQ section on Sage Accpac ERP 6.0 on his blog. Here are some of the following responses to the FAQs below:
1) Does Sage ERP Accpac 6.0A become a 100% full web based solution?
No – this is the first step in that journey. With this release we have the technology foundation, the new web based portal, the new dashboard, the new Inquiry tool along with the web based screens that make up Quote to Orders. All the other accounting screens are still the VB screens similar to 5.6A.
2) Why should I deploy the Web components?
You will get the new portal, dashboards and inquiry tool. Plus this will prepare you for 6.1A. If you get the web components going then installing 6.1A will be very easy since you will have the infrastructure all deployed.
3) If I don't deploy the web components, why should I upgrade to 6.0?
There is the lock fiscal periods by module feature that is used by both. Plus there are many bug fixes.
4) When Will Sage ERP Accpac be 100% fully web based?
Version 6.2 which is estimated for release at the end of calendar 2012. With this release the entire product will have a web based option, including all accounting modules and options products. However version 6.1 which is estimated to ship at the end of 2011 will have all the major modules Web based including GL, AP, AR, IC, OE and PO.
5) What is involved in upgrading to V6.0?
Upgrading from 5.6 is a single step activation to upgrade to v6.0.
Upgrading from 5.3, 5.4 or 5.5 is a 2 step process – first to 5.6 and then to 6.0.
Upgrading from 5.3 or older is a 3 step process – first to 5.3, then 5.6 and 6.0
For more information on the improvements made to Sage Accpac ERP 6.0, please contact us here.